Research Scientist - Antibody Engineering
Research Scientist – Antibody Engineering
About Immunome, Inc.
Immunome is a biotechnology firm located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia growing a pipeline of cancer immunotherapies fueled by the human immune system. Our unique and powerful immunotherapy discovery engine leverages “most highly educated” immune systems from patients who have already learned how to fight off their diseases. This proprietary technology platform enables the simultaneous discovery of novel antigens and the patient-derived, native antibodies that target those antigens. We then employ a battery of high-content screening technologies to identify specific and high-affinity antibodies that offer significant therapeutic potential to change the way we treat cancer.
We are seeking a Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist to join Immunome's Antibody Engineering group. This group supports mission critical activities in both early phase research, as well as lead discovery and optimization. Therefore, the successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in all stages of pre-clinical drug development and make meaningful contributions to programs at all levels of the research spectrum. This position is lab-based and involves analysis and optimization of lead imunoglobulin sequences, antibody expression and subsequent purification. In addition to optimization and development of lead molecules, the RS/SRS will be expected to drive innovation through evaluation and incorporation of new technologies. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree and 2+ years of antibody engineering and protein production experience in industry setting. Prior experience with immunoglobulin sequence analysis, antibody-based assay development and bioinformatics is a plus.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/ HIRING PROFILE
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Purify proteins using AKTA Avant system and gravity flow columns
- Perform a comprehensive immunoglobulin sequence analysis
- Develop ELISA / BLI (Octet)-based assays
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques
- Analyze data and regularly submit experiments to electronic lab notebook
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with protein purification techniques using AKTA system
- Ability to work in collaborative professional environment is a must
- Strong positive attitude and motivation
- Attention to detail, good oral and written communication
- Prior Bioinformatics experience is a plus
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience;
- Preferred experience: M.S with 2+ years of industry experience or Ph.D with 1+ years of industry experience