Senior Translational Scientist
Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers timely, accurate, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient at the right time. Check us out at www.millenniumhealth.com.
The Senior Translational Scientist is an accomplished technical leader who applies extensive scientific and technical experience and business acumen to efficiently transfer assay methods to the clinical laboratory. Responsible for identifying and developing new assay methodologies as well as implementing modifications to existing ones in order to augment overall quality and product offerings. The role requires collaborative efforts with cross-functional team members in R&D, Laboratory Operations, Clinical Affairs/Education, Bioinformatics, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Chemistry and/or toxicology technical leader who develops manages, and independently executes the assay performance plan; designs develops, and validates high-quality LC-MS/MS methods and new technologies within pre-defined timelines.
- Applies technical and functional knowledge to design experiments, and independently complete work within own project team, working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Leads multiple projects, provides updates, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols, assesses internal scientific data for integration into clinical laboratory tests and reporting.
- Collaborates with team members in R&D, Laboratory Operations, Clinical Affairs/Education, Bioinformatics, and QA as necessary on process/system improvements and transfer of new products into the clinical diagnostic laboratory.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced high out-put clinical laboratory environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively regarding experiments, analysis, outcomes, and complex topics.
- Drafts, reviews and completes technical documents required for various stages of product development.
- Assists in maintaining the operation of lab instruments; serve as subject matter expert to troubleshoot problems as needed.
- Adheres to laboratory policies, safety procedures, and compliance processes.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and patient information, follow HIPAA guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- BS in Chemistry or related science with 5+ years of industrial experience; MS or Ph.D. plus 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must have extensive hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS techniques including sample preparation, chromatography, data interpretation, and method development and validation
- Experience working in a CLIA/clinical lab facility and working with SOP's highly desirable
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory or diagnostics company with successful commercial product launches is preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of relevant scientific fields to support clinical laboratory test development
- Demonstrated ability and proven track record of successful development/validation of methods; full commitment to development timelines
- Advanced data analysis and interpretation skills; understanding of statistical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal silks with ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members of all levels, including multi-functional department projects and collaborations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position will require the following physical requirements, sitting (40%), walking (20%), standing (40%), lifting up to (10 lbs.)
This position will require the following mental requirements:
- The employee is expected to read and understand standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- The employee should be able to convert SOP instructions into work-related tasks.
- The employee must be able to perform calculations as required
- The employee must be able to use judgment when there is a deviation in the system and effectively communicate any issues to their supervisor.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee is regularly exposed to high-pressure situations, and therefore, must be able to thrive in this type of environment.
- Must be able to tolerate a moderate noise level.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and E-verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.