Scientist - Quality Control
What we offer
If you have PHARMACEUTICAL EXPERIENCE, we are seeking an individual to fill the role of Scientist - Quality Control at our site in Burnaby, Bc. Evonik Industries, its Burnaby, B.C. The site, specializes in parenteral formulation development and manufacturing process design and implementation at small, intermediate, and large/commercial scales. This enables manufacturing of complex lipid-based formulations of therapeutic agents for preclinical and clinical testing in its state-of-the-art R&D and manufacturing facilities and transfer of drug product manufacturing to commercial facilities. Core analytical methods include HPLC/UPLC, physicochemical characterization assays such as vesicle size, zeta potential, osmolality and separation techniques such as size exclusion and centrifugal filtration.
- Work with analytical development group to transfer analytical method within department and between Evonik sites if required
- Lead a scientific team to validate analytical method
- Troubleshoot method and equipment related issues in daily operation.
- Participate in exploration and implementation of new analytical techniques within the department
- Review and approve study protocol/report and analytical data package
- Prepare and review operation and method SOPs
- Maintain appropriate laboratory records and documentation in compliance with regulation and internal policies
- Work with scientist/supervisor within department to manage daily operation
- Participate in both internal and external communication and provide technical support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.Sc. in chemistry with 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a regulated laboratory
- Expertise in various analytical techniques including but not limited to LC/UV, LC/ELSD/CAD, LC/MS, GC/FID, CE, FTIR
- Strong knowledge and experience in troubleshooting analytical method and excellent problem-solving skills
- Profound knowledge and experience in analytical method validation
- Knowledge of analytical methodology of nucleic acid, protein and liposome would be an asset
- Working experience in regulated laboratory including GLP, ISO17025, preferable GMP regulation.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent work ethic