Director, Formulations & Process Development
Evonik offers excellent benefits such as competitive compensation, benefit & pension plans, vacation and time off, and many wellness resources. And there is more...access to a Comprehensive Health Promotion program and Regional and Global resources for ongoing training and development. Best of all, you will work within a great team of professionals in an engaging workforce who value trust and openness. Are you looking to join a dynamic company with an exciting and expanding future in the pharmaceutical industry? Then Evonik is the next step in your career. Grow with us! Why Vancouver?
Vancouver has something for everyone! British Columbia is beautiful and exciting. From the people, to the mountains, to the sprawling coastline, everywhere you look. Nestled on the warm Pacific Coast with the Rockies blocking cold arctic winds. Vancouver has the good fortune of being spared the typically chilly winters associated with Canada. Vancouver is often called ‘two cities in one’ because people are equally prone to enjoy the bustling nightlife and experiencing a plethora of activities in the surrounding nature. Imagine enjoying a day-long trek through our world-renowned rain forests, then heading into the city for a night out. Vancouver truly is as beautiful as people say and more.
Evonik’s Vancouver business operations is a development partner to the world’s pharmaceutical companies for parenteral lipid nanoparticle drug products. As an enabling contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO) partner, we offer drug formulation design, process development, scale-up, and clinical production.
Click here to for a sneak peak of Evonik’s contribution to the COVID vaccine and how you could have a direct impact in helping our community
The Director of Formulation & Process Development will be responsible for leading multifunctional teams and ensuring the successful execution of a portfolio of complex customer-funded development programs.
As the Director of Formulations & Process Development, your principle accountabilities and strategic focus will include:
- Utilizing experience, knowledge, and creativity to drive and expand the company’s technical competencies to deliver customer project goals and to resolve technical challenges.
- Direction of all customer development programs, managing client expectations and serving as the senior technical relationship manager for CDMO customers.
- Driving sales of services, in coordination with Evonik’s Global Sales Team, by stabilizing existing customer base and identifying new opportunities.
- Providing technical advice as needed to ensure an effective integration of Vancouver’s business and operations within Evonik’s Pharma Polymers and Services Global Product Line.
- Advising senior management of new scientific trends, technologies and opportunities to expand the company’s CDMO business offerings.
- An advanced postgraduate degree preferably in engineering, pharmaceutics or basic science.
- Proven capability preferably with 10+ years’ experience in the fast-paced CDMO industry and/or with significant experience, in a lead role, in the successful translation of a lipid-based drug delivery formulation from development to clinic.
- A customer-centric mindset with proven experience in successfully leading cultural transformations across multifunctional groups.
- Capable of creating strong relationships across a multifunctional business and effective at connecting sites, departments and people together.
- Emotionally intelligent with experience in working in a chaotic/fast-paced but structured environment
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.