Sr. Project Manager
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
You will be part of one of the world’s largest contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMO) for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and advanced intermediates, with products, technologies and services leveraged by more than 90% of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. We are one of the world’s top 3 global CMOs for APIs and intermediates, supporting virtually any scale, from pilot to commercial. The Tippecanoe site is the largest API and intermediate site in our network, and the world’s single largest manufacturing site for HPAPIs. As the recipient of the 2021 CMO Leadership Awards across all six categories for the fourth year running, you can be part of this team of innovative leaders in the pharma industry.
The Senior Project Manager is the pivotal coordinator for projects in contract pharmaceutical API manufacturing. The Senior Project Manager coordinates the evaluation of client requests with customers, sales, and the plant site (Operations, Supply Chain, QA, QC, EHS, Regulatory, etc.), and then leads projects from initiation through completion of production. This position requires a strong scientific background with a focus on organic synthesis and experience in the laboratory or manufacturing setting.
- Evaluate client requests for synthesis of pharmaceutical products and coordinate with the site implementation team through all aspects of manufacturing
- Serve as the key contact for customer communication and coordination
- Provide leadership during the introduction of new processes into production and improvement or modification of existing processes
- Monitor the project timeline and budget in order to meet customer expectations
- Coordinate a cross-functional internal team from laboratory, supply chain, operations, QC, QA, regulatory, and EHS
- Initiate and maintain programs geared toward the development and optimization of newly introduced processes or process modifications.
- Ph.D. or MS in organic chemistry or related discipline with at least 2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (laboratory or manufacturing)
- Project management or customer service experience is preferred but not required
- Experience working in a GMP environment or large-scale chemical manufacturing facility is an asset
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills