Associate Director, Safety Operations Lead
Serve as the senior safety operations expert in Corcept. Work closely with the Head of Safety and others to support all Corcept products (investigational and marketed). Responsible for safety vendor oversight. Support AE assessment, signal detection, benefit-risk evaluation, and appropriate risk management activities. Contribute to pharmacovigilance (PV) inspection and audits, and continuous process improvement.Essential Duties/Tasks
- Create and implement safety vendor oversight plans. Maintain good Safety Management Plans for each program. Track program spend. Escalate issues when necessary.
- Review post-marketing safety reports in Argus.
- Manage, co-author and review aggregate safety reports including Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Reports (PADERs), and Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs).
- Support the development of recommendations on safety issues to the cross-functional teams and decision-making body.
- Support clinical trial SAE reconciliations and work closely with Clinical Data Management.
- Support consistent presentation of safety and risk management topics across various study and regulatory documents. Provide input to clinical study protocols, investigator’s brochures, clinical study reports.
- Support continuous process improvement, training and inspections and audits.
- RN, PharmD, MSc/PhD in a biological science.
- Knowledge in oncology, endocrinology, metabolism, pharmacology, epidemiology, or other relevant specialties is a plus.
- Vendor management experiences.
- Expertise with Argus (or similar applications), MedDRA and WHO Drug coding dictionaries.
- Minimum 5 years safety and PV experience in the drug development industry. Other relevant experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Being proactive. Good problem-solving and project management skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity yet be self-motivated and timeline driven
- Strong collaboration skills.
Position Location – Must be located in the North California/Bay Area. Out of state applications will only be considered if you have indicated that you are willing to relocate to the Northern California/Bay Area.