Sr. Scientist, RD&I
You will be part of one of the world’s largest contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMO) for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and advanced intermediates, with products, technologies and services leveraged by more than 90% of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. We are one of the world’s top 3 global CMOs for APIs and intermediates, supporting virtually any scale, from pilot to commercial. The Tippecanoe site is the largest API and intermediate site in our network, and the world’s single largest manufacturing site for HPAPIs. As the recipient of the 2021 CMO Leadership Awards across all six categories for the fourth year running, you can be part of this team of innovative leaders in the pharma industry.
The Process Chemist will work at our Tippecanoe Laboratories production site. The process chemist will be responsible for safely and efficiently developing and implementing new processes for our customers in large scale GMP pharmaceutical production. Our goal is on-time, in-full delivery of critical APIs and intermediates to meet our customers’ deadlines for clinical trials or the market. We are seeking technically accomplished organic chemists with an interest in manufacturing and working in a collaborative team.
- Provide technical leadership for transfer of customer API processes to manufacturing scale under GMP.
- Independently design and conduct R&D to adapt pharmaceutical production processes to large scale manufacturing (500-4000 gal) with a focus on safety, efficiency/cost, GMP control strategy, and project timeline.
- Act as the technical expert on the production team to identify the root cause of production upsets and ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Communicate R&D findings to the project team—customer and internal—and provide sound technical interpretation.
- A collaborative attitude
- MS or PhD organic chemistry (PhD preferred)
- 0-5 years of experience (previous small molecule process or manufacturing experience preferred)
- Fundamental understanding and expertise in synthetic organic chemistry
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Demonstrated laboratory and analytical skills (HPLC, UPLC, MS, NMR, prep LC), with large scale (kilo lab scale) preferred
- Knowledge of GMP preferred