Senior Manager, Manufacturing
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Manufacturing ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will develop strategies for the External Supply Raw Materials group and/or implement/participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives for suppliers to ensure that raw materials support Amgen processes or patients. Also, responsible for handling both suppliers and cross-functional teams (Technical, Quality, Supply Chain and Sourcing) to ensure quality, supply, sourcing of raw materials, risk mitigation activities. Handling and supervising key performance measures that will ensure quality and supply to ensure high raw material performance for all Amgen Manufacturing Sites. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement material strategies that streamline raw material component mix to support the manufacturing and supply chain network. The strategies will address:
Adequate mix of suppliers and single-use and reusable components Business continuity at the component and sub-component level Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) considerations
- Leads cross functional teams to mitigate any supply assurance issues to prevent manufacturing disruption.
- Lead sourcing activities to identify, select, and onboard suppliers for new raw materials and alternate sources for risk mitigation.
- Partners with Suppliers and Amgen Manufacturing Plants to deliver year over year production and efficiency initiatives and savings.
- Works hand-in-hand with internal quality, supply chain and process development organizations to ensure supplier sites are supervised and corrective actions are implemented on time.
- Lead suppliers in developing advanced end-to-end supply chain processes to improve the management of inventory levels, risk mitigation, and supplier / Amgen efficiency
- Analyze, consolidate, and report demand and supply plans at the component / supplier level and provide supplier forecasts
- Analyze company raw material inventory plans including inventory levels, scrap, inventory purchases, category spend and consumption and determine areas for improvement
- Drive Continuous Improvement effort between supply chains (I.e. Lead time reduction, flexibility, supplier responsiveness, forecast accuracy, timely delivery, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Domestic and International travel average up to 20%
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Biotech/Pharma Manufacturing Management professional we seek is a collaborative leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in Process Development or Manufacturing OR Masters degree and 6 years of experience in Process Development or Manufacturing OR Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience in Process Development or Manufacturing OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Process Development or Manufacturing experience
- 2 years of direct management experience and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Strong GMP knowledge and background
- Proven ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams/ outside parties (suppliers / CMOs)
- 2 + years project leadership in a lead role (define, approve, develop milestones and metrics).
- Knowledge and experience with Quality Management Systems
- Supplier negotiations and contract review experience
- Experience with advanced supply chain replenishment programs Pull, JIT, VMI
- Strong ERP and Microsoft knowledge (Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.