Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of the disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design, and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Are you a highly motivated, organized, and creative computational scientist, excited by the challenge of modeling cellular-resolution data to predict and understand the heterogeneous impact of small molecules on complex biological systems?
At Cellarity, you’ll join an innovative and collaborative computational team, developing the first platform that uncovers and targets the causes of disease based on cell behavior: features learned from high-dimensional omics and phenotypic patient data that typically correspond to cellular programs.
You'll work closely with world-class computational biologists and machine learning scientists, biologists (co-developing biological hypotheses), chemists (co-developing clinical candidates), and technologists (co-developing proprietary data assets to rigorously advance the platform and its application).
If you’re eager to grow as a multi-lingual scientist, while guiding the generation and application of unique datasets to unlock high-impact capabilities in cellular-resolution drug development, then we’re eager to hear from you.
- Perform, interpret, visualize, and present the statistical analysis of large chemical and biological datasets in close teamwork with our drug program teams, and medicinal chemists.
- Application of a cutting-edge, cohesive computational platform, and advice to further building its chemistry capabilities. If you like to contribute to developing the platform, you are more than welcome to!
- You will co-design, characterize, and understand new compounds using computational tools & develop intellectual property.
- You will collaborate with biologists and chemists to help the design of experiments for optimizing new compounds.
- You will clearly document and present your work to computational colleagues, as well as to interdisciplinary teams of biologists, technologists, and executives at company meetings. This requires continuous teaching, learning, and engagement with the bigger picture for cohesive impact.
- 4 or more years of industry experience, Ph.D. or Master's degree in chemistry, chemical biology, physics, computer science, or related field.
- Demonstrated drug development experience in either virtual docking of small molecules, pharmacophore modeling, and/or QSAR analysis for prioritization
- Scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types, and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills, ideally in Python.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We would like to see your GitHub repository or papers that can showcase this. If you are from biotech/pharma, we would ask you to share (where you can), your experiences with a focus on your role and what you specifically contributed to in a program.
- Interest in learning any of the above.
Location: Cambridge MA
Start Date: Immediately
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.