Director, Global Diversity Programs & Partnerships
As we step up our efforts and dedication for DE&I, we are seeking a DE&I leader who will work directly with the CDO in this newly created and exciting role. You will be the change agent as we evolve our strategy and operations for DE&I for Regeneron, working with all functions and across all locations. You must bring a combination of a strong strategic approach and operational program management skill sets that will help us elevate DE&I to the next level connecting it directly to the mission for the company - Science to Medicine. Working seamlessly across multiple partners, you will play the lead role in managing and shaping our Employee Resource Groups, DEI Leadership councils, Functional DE&I groups as well as be the steward for the Executive DE&I council ensuring the company's global DE&I work is set up for consistent and scalable success. You will also establish and manage key external DE&I partnerships that will enable us to elevate our work in DE&I and position Regeneron as a leader in this space.
In this role, a typical day might include performing the following:
- Coordinate all projects for the Office of DE&I and be the point person for overall program management of the function.
- Coordinate and organize the strategic evolution and operational management of Employee Resource Groups and their key executive sponsors.
- Manage Regeneron's global communities of DE&I practice to include DE&I Leadership councils, functional councils and other forums.
- Partner with ERGs to develop programs and events that have a direct impact on diversity pipeline build through Recruiting partnerships, talent engagement and inclusive culture.
- Facilitate and support execution of internal events and programs focused on sense of inclusion belonging in our company
- Partner with Talent Development and HR teams to deliver impactful diversity programs leveraging the various DE&I champions across the organization.
- Be the Office of DE&I liaison for all things related to equity in sciences, including but not limited to supporting initiatives like Clinical trial diversity, Patient advocacy & education among others.
- Be the lead for collecting company-wide diversity and inclusion metrics, depicting our progress towards DE&I and help the CDO develop appropriate action plans.
- Meet regularly with employees and leaders to gain insights to ensure activity stays relevant against current needs and aligned with The Regeneron Way- our cultural norms.
- Provide consultation, coordination, planning for the design and implementation of programs focused on creating a culture of belonging.
- Prioritize initiatives that move the needle on our overall headcount, development, retention, and promotions among underrepresented groups.
- Identify and establish key external DE&I partnerships and organizations that will help establish a clear DE&I talent brand for Regeneron. This work must be in strong partnership with our branding and communication efforts from the TA,and Corporate communications & Citizenship teams.
This job might be for you if:
- You have strong partnership and relationship experience with external diversity research groups, think tanks and diversity recruiting groups, preferably in the life sciences sector. A successful history of working effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- You are flexible and fast-moving and demonstrate a record of "getting it done" with creative use of resources.
- You have a demonstrable ability to communicate and synthesize complex issues in a concise, clear and convincing fashion.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field as well as 12+ years' experience. An advanced degree and/or experience in life sciences/ pharma sector with a deep subject matter expertise in a DE&I role, preferred. Demonstrable ability to become a trusted DE&I advisor to business leaders and other influencers at all organizational levels. Experience influencing HR, ERG, Councils and business leaders to advance DEI strategy and outcomes. Experience in speaking on complex DE&I topics, guiding and coaching employees across all levels with credibility, sound judgment, business acumen and high level of professionalism. Experience managing external DE&I benchmark and branding surveys and associated metrics to demonstrate impact. Proven experience in using best in class DE&I research and groundbreaking standards and translating them hands-on to deliver results in the business context. Strategic and forward-thinking with strong business acumen and the ability to identify and proactively address enablers and derailers of major change and transformation initiatives.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.