Director, Market Access Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director of Market Access Marketing: GI/WH will be responsible for developing, leading, and executing Abbvie’s Market Access strategy for the Specialty GI and Women’s Health Franchises.
- This multi-franchise team leader will lead Market Access Marketing for multiple therapeutic areas and brands, across all payer channels, and for highly competitive inline and pipeline assets.
- The team leader will develop and lead multiple high performing teams and individuals to achieve their respective business and professional goals.
- This individual will lead the strategic contracting/financial planning for multiple brands and therapeutic areas through the LRP
- Within this multi-franchise leadership role, the leader will be engaged with multiple Abbvie Alliance Management teams, to drive market access strategy and alignment with multiple external marketing partners, where Abbvie co-markets products.
- The leader will set priorities, approve business plans, and allocate appropriate resources to achieve business objectives across multiple franchises and brands.
- Leading cross-functionally, the leader will effectively orchestrate communication and drive strategic alignment across multiple stakeholders and leadership teams such as Market Access Leadership Team, multiple Brand Teams, Account Management teams, and across multiple HEOR, MOSL, Medical, MABI, Finance, Sales, and Government Affairs/Advocacy teams.
- The individual will demonstrate positive leadership, and influence cultural alignment with US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision.
- The person will demonstrate a “One AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Specialty GI and Women’s Health franchise Market Access vision, strategy, and necessary investment, to achieve market access objectives.
- Positively lead and develop multiple high performing teams and individuals to achieve business and individual professional goals.
- Identify and develop key talent
- Formulate and adjust Market Access business plans and actions to achieve Specialty GI and Women’s Health Franchise business and financial market access objectives and goals
- Serve on multiple Joint Commercial Committees with external marketing partners to drive market access strategic alignment and business priorities.
- Lead multiple brand payer value propositions throughout the brand lifecycle by collaborative leadership on HEOR and RWE needs, gaps, and priorities.
- Instilling an innovation perspective to the business
- Proactively monitor and engage on government and/or payer policy that has the potential to affect access to abbvie’s Specialty GI and Women’s Health franchises
- Focus on and triangulate market dynamics, constituents’ needs, and business priorities to determine best, market-advantaged course of action.
- Encouraging and demonstrating an enterprise approach through best practice curiosity, learning, and sharing
- Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders and partners by infusing AbbVie Ways of Working in day-to-day leadership and management of the business, to ensure profitable patient access to GI and WH products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or similar degree preferred
- Demonstrated team leadership
- 10+ years of experience of Market Access experience
- Strong knowledge of Health Economics, and Real World Evidence
- Customer centric mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated cross-functional experience
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.