Finance Forecasting Lead - Rheumatology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Sales Forecasting Lead will assist in the creation of sales forecast analytical process for HUMIRA and RINVOQ within the Rheumatology Franchise. The position is responsible for developing accurate/timely projections of commercial product volumes for all Plan, Update, LBE, LRP, Portfolio and Actual submissions. The individual builds and maintains knowledge of the business through close communication across a variety of cross-functional partners including executives, Marketing & Sales Management, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights and Commercial Finance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and develops accurate product sales projections to be utilized in Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and Portfolio submissions (including market and competitive landscape forecasts) – using sound analytical assumptions and effective communication of rationale/methodology with close collaboration and guidance from the Rheumatology Forecasting Manager
- Support the launch readiness of RINVOQ Rheumatology indications and the transition of pipeline asset forecasting from GCD within the Rheumatology Franchise
- Support month-end actual close process including the preparation of Price, Pipeline and Demand variance and Close commentary
- Operates independently to prepare and create sales reporting/key metric Forecasting Packages
- Support the communication of monthly actual sales results/future period volume forecasts to Commercial VP’s and General Managers
- Works directly with Commercial, Pricing, Finance and Market Analytics and Business Insight teams to address various business issues and provide solutions through analytical problem solving
- Supports ad-hoc analytical support on various business needs including product launch scenarios, channel/product mix impacts and other key business drivers
- BS/BA in Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, or Marketing
- A minimum of six years combined experience in analytics, forecasting, and/or financial planning and analysis is required
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, along with good interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of management
- Ability to triangulate a wide variety of data sets and analytics (e.g. market research, competitive events, prescriptions, epidemiology, patient flow, etc.) to inform forecasting and financial impacts
- Agility to prioritize and quickly understand issues and assess data integrity is critical due to challenging deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills are required; strong PowerPoint skills are preferred
- Ability to work independently and self-starter, supporting the business and forecasting leadership in variety of locations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous pharmaceutical and forecasting experience is preferred
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.