Associate Director, Biostatistics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The position can independently lead one or more projects ensuring the proper design, analysis, and presentation of clinical studies while adhering to timelines and departmental quality-control standards. This position interacts with domestic and foreign regulatory agencies for Allergan R&D projects. The position also monitors budgetary and resource needs, and evaluates, hires, and manages CROs and/or contract biostatisticians.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and regulatory guidelines as well as all Allergan policies and procedures.
- Independently lead one or more projects ensuring the proper design, analysis, and presentation of clinical studies while adhering to timelines and departmental quality-control standards. This position interacts with domestic and foreign regulatory agencies for Allergan R&D projects.
- Monitors budgetary and resource needs, and evaluates, hires, and manages CROs and/or contract biostatisticians.
- Assist statistical science process development as needed to improve the efficiency and standardization
- Represent Statistical Science and Programming on cross-functional project teams.
Level will be based on education & years of experience.
- Education: MS or PhD (preferred) in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related fields.
- PhD level with at least 7 years of experience in pharmaceutical statistics
- MS level with 9 years in pharmaceutical statistics
- Managed a whole typical project(s)
- Acted as study level statistician for reasonable complex project from study design to CSR
- 1-2 NDAs regulatory experience required
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.