Operations Training Supervisor
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for the daily supervision and training of operations personnel, with a primary focus on new hires. Works in concert with other supervisors to perform initial onboarding for permanent and contractor hires. Facilitates the planning and training execution for manufacturing technicians.
- Develops weekly goals and schedules and sets priorities for trainees.
- Submits appropriate documentation to obtain system accesses, training assignments, and hardware requests for new hires.
- Leads training sessions for introductory GMP processes and procedures.
- Leads plant and building tours for new hires.
- Works with production supervisors and managers to coordinate offboarding activities with the destination production area for each new hire.
- Works other training supervisors to review and improve technician training, including development of training aids, revisions to procedures, and scheduling modifications.
Evaluation and development of staff. Provide updates to operations management team for staff development progress and considerations for future improvements.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Eight plus years’ experience in all aspects of manufacturing/production processes.
- Computer proficiency and scheduling experience required; good writing skills.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality systems, and cGMPs is required.
- Familiarity with industrial automation (e.g., distributed control and PLC-based systems).
- Familiarity with equipment and facilities validation.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.