Business Systems Consultant (Market Access Specialty)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As part of US Commercial organization, this role is responsible for execution of patient services and Market Access data strategy for Specialty portfolio. Work in cross collaboration with Commercial patient services, Commercial Analytics, Trade & Distribution, Access & Reimbursement and external partners. Leads a team of Project Managers, and BSAs to support the strategic and tactical needs of Market Access organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand Market Access Supply chain and Access and Reimbursement business processes and gaps. Responsible for Identifying and defining solutions to address business demand.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners. Effectively manage communications and expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works directly with Market Access function to understand specific business needs. Collect complete and accurate requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses, facilitated discussion to deliver data or technology solutions.
- Responsible for Universal data contracting and works with Legal and Purchasing organizations to finalize these contracts with Data suppliers, Specialty Pharmacies, Analytic partners and Research partners.
- Responsible for review and approval of data specifications, solution architecture, process flows and data sharing with AbbVie internal Privacy, Compliance & OEC teams. Drives coordination from AbbVie side with respect to getting timely reviews and approvals from external partners.
- Responsible for coordinating implementation of Specialty pharmacy data integration solution with Commercial Data Lake team. Provide support to Supply chain and MABI team in preparing for Quarterly business reviews.
- Responsible for coordinating change management processes with Market Access teams and MA360 BTS team with respect to Specialty portfolio.
- Responsible for successful transition of data solutions to Commercial Data Lake operations team. Resolves issues in an appropriate and timely manner by working with Operations team
- Be able to work independently with external stakeholders to manage Third Party agreements, Supplier evaluation and Compliance with AbbVie data policies
- Support HEOR organization on Real World Evidence studies with external partners and internal analysis for Specialty portfolio patient services. Work collaboratively with HEOR, Medical Affairs and Commercial teams to plan and execute Value Base Engagement initiatives.
- Responsible for learning best practices of Specialty pharmacy data, data integration, aggregation, reporting and data quality monitoring and proposing ideas for Specialty portfolio
- Build competency in Market Access and Patient Services data sets e.g, Rebate Data, EDI Sales & Chargeback Data, Master Data, Copay Data, Medical and Prescription claim data, Care model data etc. Learn how data is structured, how its sourced, processed and orchestrated for end user consumption.
- Identifies and communicates needs and opportunities for business process improvements that can be enabled via data or technology.
- Become familiar with MA data solutions, Big data architecture & concepts, use of big data tools (Hive, Impala, python etc) to read/write data programs and answer critical business questions.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication and strong analytical skills. Proven ability to build trust, listen and ask effective questions.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Experience with Data Lake architecture, Big data technologies and tools,
- Experience working with Patient level data like SHA PTD, IMS APLD or Truven Mediscan is preferred.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of pharmaceutical and healthcare business and utilize the knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Experience working with Market Access, Specialty Pharmacy, Supply Chain/Trade organization is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data management disciplines including Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Artificial Intelligence and other data centric technologies.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.