Account Executive, Oncology - Cleveland, OH
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with Oncology departments and practices consisting of interactions with Oncologists, Hematologists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Executive level personnel, Department heads and Managers, and various other support staff. Business relationships will be focused on increasing education on product benefits/risks consistent with approved label, developing new business, improving resource utilization, and growing sales and market share by achieving sales plan for the assigned Oncology product and indications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Uses opportunities to understand and address customer needs. Builds strong relationships that provide market intelligence and support development of compliant and innovative programs and initiatives. Builds and maintains relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit patients, physicians, and other HCPs within the geography.
- Consistently partners with in-house and/or cross-franchise leaders, and collaborates with such partners to identify, design and/or adapt appropriate approaches and tactics demonstrating resources within geography.
- Delivers effective on-label technical and scientific presentations utilizing approved data, to appropriately highlight the benefits and risks of the product resulting in sales quota achievement.
- Serve as lead US Commercial contact with targeted accounts in assigned geography and collaborate with all AbbVie and any co-promotion Counterparts including Brand and Strategic Marketing, GPO team, Thought Leader Liaisons, MSLs, and contracted SPPs to provide excellent customer support for physicians to the benefit of their patients. Such support should include site support and addressing any potential customer issues.
- Build, implement, communicate and regularly update strategic and tactical business plans for targeted accounts. In collaboration with sales leadership and other appropriate AbbVie or Co-Promote partners, facilitate site physician/treatment team training on approved and safe use of AbbVie’s products. Monitor and report sales progress. Provide routine communications to all internal and external (as applicable) partners.
- Act as AbbVie key point of contact to each account. Respond to or direct customer to the appropriate service or point of contact for their questions or requests and actively follow-up. Take lead in coordinating and ensuring any needed or requested support is delivered in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the account by the best person withing AbbVie or copromote partner.
- Attend and actively participate in local clinician boards, societies, and other HCP meetings when appropriate. Represent AbbVie and assigned products at such venues, build/improve new/existing relationships. Channel key information, developments or findings to internal partners/stakeholders. All communications in these forums are on-label.
- Remain current on all clinical, market, and payer developments, trends, and issues specific to oncology and disease areas.
- Complete all AbbVie required training and maintain adherence to all company policies and OEC/Legal procedures.
- Within assigned accounts and geography, seeks out important information and articulate implications to our business and to our customers’ business’.
- Transfers knowledge to appropriate internal partners and integrate standard methodologies that have tangible value for customers and patients across assigned indications/brands to benefit the geography and AbbVie Oncology.
- Establishes and maintains a complete understanding of approved product label and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers.
- Optimizes both external and internal data, resources, and tools to identify sales opportunities and program strategy for customers in assigned territories.
- With the approval of legal/OEC, actively participates in relevant organizational programs in local markets.
- Develops a strong command of available selling resources and tools; fully demonstrates those resources to support selling strategies and maximize impact.
- An essential requirement of the position is to meet health care industry representative credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years sales or account management experience.
- Business savvy; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/program strategies that drive business objectives
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively meet customer needs in a complex environment through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with the company and customer objectives
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully developing teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Persistency and grit with strong track record of succeeding in a challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to network and partner effectively across functional areas.
- Oncology, Specialty, or other pharma experience
- Account Management experience in any industry
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
- Healthcare industry experience, especially working with patients or consulting healthcare companies
- People management or other leadership experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
Travel: 20-30% travel, depending on residence location
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.