Manager, Marketing Operations Governance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Material Review Process (MRP) Governance Manager, Marketing Operations, is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the MRP governance framework to manage the overall health of the MRP. This individual leads the development and implementation of governance structure and processes and ensures appropriate control and monitoring measures are in place for compliance with company standards and policies. The MRP Governance Manager liaises and consults across the three governance bodies – MRP Steering Committee, MRP Action Team and Enterprise MRP (eMRP) – and oversees the standardized implementation of guidance and decisions from these bodies across the enterprise.
- Responsible for the smooth operations of three MRP governance bodies: MRP Steering Committee, eMRP team and MRP Action Team
- Program manager for the MRP Steering Committee, working closely with the committee chair on agendas, minutes, outcomes documentation and communication
- Oversee and lead project tasks and timelines for Steering Committee cross-functional projects.
- Lead, develop and monitor KPIs and reporting of metrics and goals in alignment with Steering Committee direction, ensuring dissemination across the enterprise
- Develop and implement a proactive monitoring plan to ensure adherence to documented procedures
- Ensure and maintain consistent governance information dissemination among the MRP Steering Committee, eMRP and MRP Action Teams and shares information with cross-functional senior management as appropriate
- Central point of contact/subject matter expert, identifying and advising on Governance issues.
- Owner of the eMRP and MRP Action Teams
- Using an enterprise lens, accountable for ensuring that governance solutions are aligned with business needs and that decisions are communicated to the affected teams.
- People Leader with direct reports
- Provide clear and effective line management for Project Manager responsible for eMRP and MRP Action Teams
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of governance processes and documentation methodology in line with current good practices
- Support or manage wider governance initiatives as needed
- Collaborate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including BTS, Commercial Compliance, Regulatory, Medical and Legal/OEC to ensure alignment with governance objectives
- Propose and develop solutions to drive continuous improvement of the governance approach, including benchmarking to industry best practices, to ensure it sustainably supports and remains relevant to the dynamic MRP process
- Lead and drive business process improvement through the governance committees
- Develop and expand collaborative business engagement in governance activities to ensure successful implementation and project support
- Proactively monitor and adapt relevant policies to support compliant agility and future focus, including oversight of cross-functional alignment, training, timing, communication, and other necessary considerations
- B.A./B.S./Business, Communications or Advertising (MBA not required, but desirable) or equivalent business experience within AbbVie or a related industry
- 8+ years of experience in project or program management
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Sound knowledge and proven ability to develop and implement effective, robust governance approaches to ensure that all influenced governance committees run smoothly
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with diplomacy and the ability to influence without direct authority. Credible and able to deal comfortably with key individuals at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to distill highly complex requirements into compelling business objectives
- Strong relationship-building and relationship-management skills
- Proven leadership competencies to include setting vision and strategy, knowing the business, driving for results, and encouraging open exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Strong and agile problem-solving abilities in complex, compliance regulated department
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong customer focus and the ability to deliver under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
- Proven supervisory experience, able to lead direct report(s) and delegate
- Change management experience a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.