Account Specialist, SMD - Green Bay, Appleton, West Milwaukee
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Health Systems Manager (HSM) is responsible for the overall sales, formulary placement, general account management, and the goal of providing approved/indicated BOTOX® education within targeted hospitals/institutions and with targeted Neurology, PMR and Ophthalmology attending physicians, residents, fellows, and pharmacy departments within an assigned territory. Responsibilities include drafting a hospital business plan intended to utilize all Allergan approved resources effectively to advance the business, to include: delivery of the product and on-label promotional messages enhancing attending injecting skills botulinum toxin education for residents and fellows and other key hospital audiences (e.g., pharmacy, PT/OT) delivering clinical programs facilitating Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships development of relationships with key formulary decision makers, maintenance of formulary status and price negotiations as required.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Minimum seven years total pharmaceutical or medical device experience
- Minimum five years sales and/or reimbursement experience
- Knowledge of the Academic Medical Center/hospital environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory compliance requirements related to the Pharma/Biotech
- Proven track record with documentation of successful sales performance
- Neurological sales background preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
- Strong organizational, analytical and business planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Experience with physician administered injectables preferred within a buy & bill Medicare Part B/Medical benefit environment or other comparable reimbursement experiences
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at training meetings
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test
This position can be filled at either the Senior Account Specialist or Account Specialist level depending on experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.