Director Global Commercial Excellence - Marketing Excellence
Director Global Commercial Excellence - Marketing Excellence
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Reporting to the Senior Director and Head of Global Commercial Excellence, this individual will drive Commercial Excellence globally becoming a key member of the Global Commercial excellence team, securing strong connections with local-in-country Commercial Operations teams, Global Commercial Product Strategy teams and with all the functional teams within Global Commercial Operations.
This role will be responsible for driving key strategic projects in the areas of Marketing Excellence (ME) and Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE), with a emphasis on Marketing Excellence.
The candidate will be accountable for defining the route and leading critical ME projects and other SFE initiatives. This individual will work very closely and effectively with other Commercial Excellence peers, Commercial Digital teams and Commercial Learning & Development in projects definition and deployment. Additionally, the Director with partner closely with peers in Analytics & Insight and Commercial Planning.
The successful Global Commercial Excellence Director will be a highly experienced individual with a strong track record in the marketing arena together with broad experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. The candidate should have a strong background in ME and broad understanding of SFE. They must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders, effectively network across a global organization and communicate with leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Drive and inspire a customer engagement mindset and the necessary supporting frameworks, processes and tools to support the implementation.
- Establish Standard Operating Processes / Protocols for all marketing related activities within the commercial business. Drive alignment, consistency and excellence through all marketing processes and projects.
- Develop, implement, and embed a marketing excellence framework to drive brand planning and omnichannel marketing in collaboration with Commercial Planning and Digital & Innovation.
- Establish marketing KPI's and ways to monitor ROI and work to develop insight and actions accordingly.
- Work in collaboration with Launch Excellence teams to build a 1st in class launch readiness standards and processes.
- Define customer Marketing frameworks and processes for segmentation targeting and positioning.
- Define processes to support Campaign Execution end to end together with implementation guidance
- Inspire and promote the use of new methodologies and tools to drive business innovation and customer experience design.
Sales Force Effectiveness
- Lead development and deployment of global sales excellence and effectiveness capabilities aligned with Gilead's sales organization objectives as required and per project bases.
This individual will:
- Serve as point person for key markets to coordinate asks from global commercial excellence
- Partner with region/country leadership and global cross functional teams to identify needs and gather input for global salesforce effectiveness model and marketing operations
- Design and implement training programs to drive rollout and adoption; measure effectiveness, and collect, codify and disseminate best practices across markets (in collaboration with CL&D)
- Lead business process improvements within the global commercial organization
- Identify opportunities to enhance and leverage best practices based on internal and external benchmarks
- Monitor industry leading practices and evolving trends and drive appropriate adoption at Gilead
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic and influential leader with:
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA and/or advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years with BA/BS or 10+ years with MA/MBA/MS of relevant experience in marketing/marketing operations . Experience or at least extensive understanding in the area of sales effectiveness and operations is desirable.
- Required global experience working with local markets
- Previous ownership of the development of digital channels and new engagement models.
- Ideally, experience in developing and delivering global sales methodologies, channel design & partner management, resourcing and coverage models, and incentive compensation strategy
- Knowledge of Gilead therapeutic areas and product launch experience desirable
- Highly resourceful strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence and operational rigor
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead and influence without authority.
- Plays a key leadership role inspiring, motivating & challenging Commercial Operations country heads fostering creativity and innovation to address key unique business challenges
- Experience operating in high complex matrixes engaging cross-functional and x-country teams and developing deep collaborations with partners as well as senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, facilitate, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
We will consider candidates located anywhere in North America or Europe. Relocation will not be required for this role.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency