Position: Research Scientist - Next Generation DNA Sequencing
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job ID: CL0001
The Company: C2i Genomics, LTD. - www.c2i-genomcis.com
C2i Genomics is a fast-growing start-up developing an innovative solution for personalized real-time cancer detection and monitoring based on standard blood test. We address a burning unmet need for millions of patients with various types of cancer.
Our proprietary technology, based on pattern recognition in whole genome sequencing (WGS) data of cell-free DNA (cfDNA), provides oncologists with vital timely information about treatment success or failure months and even years before current monitoring methods are able to.
C2i Genomics is headquartered in NYC and is looking for a talented Research Associate to join its R&D Lab in Cambridge, MA in its mission to save lives by early detection of cancer recurrence and treatment failure.
The successful candidate will be part of a Laboratory team working on optimizing and implementing new genomic assays to detect ctDNA from patient samples. This technical position requires candidates to perform molecular biology laboratory work and recording results. Previous experience working with human tissue and cell samples desired. Experience in NGS workflow and sequencing library generation and associated skills are a must.
- Follow established NGS protocols in the laboratory.
- Generate DNA/RNA Sequencing libraries and associated QC metrics.
- Optimize and implement new molecular biology protocols.
- Extract Nucleic acids from clinical FFPE tissue samples/cells.
- Run and maintain NGS (Illumina) instruments
- Keep an organized workspace and maintain laboratory notebook.
- Participate in maintaining inventory and ordering lab supplies and reagents.
- Write, review, and revise documents in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong molecular Biology laboratory skills.
- Strong experience in NGS workflow and Illumina machine operation
- Experience extracting nucleic acids from FFPE tissue samples/cells.
- Prior knowledge working in CLIA lab is desirable
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- B.Sc in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or related discipline with 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences with 3 year of relevant Lab experience.
*The candidate as a whole will be evaluated and strengths in one area may make up for lack of experience in others.
*This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time