Corporate Affairs Director - GCO Digital Communications (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Corporate Affairs Director - GCO Digital Communications
This position can sit remotely, and does not need to be located in Thousand Oaks, CA.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead and develop the GCO digital strategy that drives awareness of key therapeutic areas across the gen med and oncology business, and that elevates Amgen across ex-US channels in key markets, while helping to engage with and reach key partners. In this role the GCO digital comms lead will:
- Drive the GCO narrative across various owned and social channels
- Collaborate with product comms team and key markets to deliver the most impactful content and messaging
- Facilitate sharing of best practices and best-in-class content across ex-US channels
- Support digital capability building within key markets and streamline measurement and reporting
- Liaise with the enterprise digital team
- Leads digital strategy and drives content in support of the global portfolio for owned media channels; ensures GCO narratives is pulled through
- Ensures consistency in brand and message across the ex-US owned and social channels
- Advises key markets ex-US on appropriate digital strategy; supports capability building
- Implements digital tools and standardizes reporting that measures impact and informs strategy
- Works in partnership with Enterprise team and product comms team to drive content and prioritize editorial calendar across the portfolio
- Stays abreast of emerging trends in social media and digital
- Works closely with advocacy team to ensure strategy and content amplifies partnerships with key advocacy groups and elevate key programs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Communications experienceOr
Masters degree and 7 years of Communications experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 9 years of Communications experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare public relations and corporate experience
- 7-10 years experience in digital communications
- Bachelors Degree in public relations, communications or journalism or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Long-lead media / journalist experience a plus
- Strong oral and presentation skills; ability to negotiate and persuade senior leaders
- Proven experience developing/implementing strategic communication plans
- Demonstrated strategic problem solver with ability to develop meaningful programs that address business objectives
- Ability to think quickly, analytically and creatively to accommodate a dynamic environment
- Capacity to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; serious commitment to hard work and excellence
- Superior writing skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.