Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Bone (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Bone
This position can sit remotely, and does not need to be located in Thousand Oaks, CA.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will report to the Advocacy Relations Director, Bone, Breast, Prostate and Pathways. The work may be done remotely with travel anticipated in the future.
The Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Bone will support the development and implementation of a global external engagement strategy with patient organizations to advance bone and womens health issues and initiatives. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with internal partners and external third-party organizations to align on shared priorities and implementation plans and deliverables. As such, the Senior Manager will build and sustain trusting and effective working partnerships with patient advocacy leaders and members.
Responsibilities of the Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Bone include:
- Support the development and implementation of the global advocacy relations strategy for the bone franchise with emphasis on top 10 countries.
- Build and maintain long term, substantive relationships with U.S. and global patient groups and other key partners based on values of trust, respect and transparency.
- Manage the programs within the Predict and Prevent Partnerships that seek to raise awareness around bone health and fracture risk with advocacy organizations.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for U.S. bone heath education programs and policy grassroots efforts, such as the National Osteoporosis Foundations Healthy Cities Initiative and the Healthy Bones Tampa Bay Multi-Stakeholder Coalition (approximately 100 individuals and organizations).
- Share disease state education best practices to improve how educational initiatives are designed and executed in key countries.
- Build a womens health platform aligned with cross-functional leaders and corporate priorities.
- Heighten disease state and therapeutic-area knowledge among external groups.
- Support patient access to treatments by working with patient groups and professional associations to raise awareness of novel therapies, support their value proposition, and address access barriers.
- Bring the voice of patients and providers into Amgens capabilities, including policy, Clinical Trial Design, Direct-to-Patient Marketing, value and access, marketing, and corporate affairs strategies.
- Work cross-functionally as a strong partner and collaborator with global and US teams including Marketing, Medical, Value and Access, Policy, R&D and Corporate Affairs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The strategic professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experienceOr
Associate's degree and 10 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experienceOr
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with patient advocacy groups and/or professional (medical) associations
- 3+ years of experience working for global pharmaceutical companies as a liaison with patient advocacy groups and/or professional associations
- Strategic and creative problem solver with the ability to truly understand business challenges and priorities and develop measurable programs that integrate soundly with business objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency working directly with leadership, including the ability to consult, influence, and coach on advocacy relations strategies around potentially sensitive issues
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of people both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives, including tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to assimilate complex medical knowledge and communicate to non-medical audiences
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to productively navigate a challenging and dynamic environment, and deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Identifies potential roadblocks, develops contingency plans, and adjusts plans as needed
- Implements tactics effectively, on time, and within budget.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; serious commitment to hard work and excellence
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, compelling, and relevant messages
- Empathetic and passionate individual with the ability to build meaningful connections with partners
- Proven understanding of key external and internal trends affecting patient and consumer engagement; solid understanding and experience in new forms of patient/consumer interactions such as social media and patient online communities
- Previous experience communicating the value of innovation and addressing access barriers to care
- Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.