Advocacy Relations Director, Global Network (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Advocacy Relations Director, Global Network
This position can sit remotely, and does not need to be located in Thousand Oaks, CA. This role will collaborate with partners in the EU time zones. TLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for leading the global advocacy relations network to ensure alignment of corporate and therapeutic area strategies in key countries. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams in select countries to build best-in-class advocacy capabilities and stakeholder engagement plans to advance disease state education and address patient access issues. This role will also develop strategic long-term partnerships with global and regional patient advocacy organizations and prioritize critical projects that advance mutually aligned objectives in key countries.
- Establish and lead a global network of Amgen Advocacy Relations Leads.
- Develop a Global Advocacy Engagement Strategy with an emphasis on top 10 countries.
- Build and drive longitudinal partnerships with key global and regional advocacy organizations to advance shared goals, including addressing patient unmet needs and bringing novel biotech interventions to the patients who need them, in close alignment with Amgen regional and/or affiliate teams.
- Support affiliates in heightening disease state and therapeutic-area knowledge among patient groups and professional societies.
- Collaborate with the International Policy and Government Affairs teams to share policy positions, studies and data with local Advocacy and Value and Access teams that will advance local efforts with advocacy organizations to shape the local healthcare ecosystem and address patient access barriers.
- Communicate on how educational initiatives are designed and executed (the how) with the advocacy community and systemize practices for Amgen affiliates to embed ways of working with advocacy organizations.
- Support affiliates in designing and executing capacity building programs for advocacy organizations based on local needs and priorities.
- Find opportunities to host programs at major medical congresses and international conferences that advance priority programs and corporate reputation for affiliates.
- Elevate opportunities to establish cross-border stakeholder relationships and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure continuity and consistency in messaging and execution across regions and affiliates.
- Lead internal efforts to communicate the value and impact of advocacy programs and trends across key countries and with business partners.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a highly motivated individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience with patient advocacy groups and/or professional (medical) associations and 3+ years of experience working for global pharmaceutical companies as a liaison with patient advocacy groups and/or professional associations.
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of people both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives, including tolerance for ambiguity.
- Demonstrated reputation internally and externally as a well-respected, dynamic teammate.
- Empathic and passionate individual with the ability to build meaningful connections with partners.
- Previous experience leading the development of professional medical society and patient advocacy strategies for pharmaceutical organizations.
- Previous experience as relationship manager for professional medical associations and patient advocacy groups.
- Proven understanding of key external and internal trends affecting patient and consumer engagement; solid understanding and experience in new forms of patient/consumer interactions such as social media and patient online communities.
- Previous experience communicating the value of innovation and addressing access barriers to care.
- Previous experience in government affairs.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and an ability to adapt ones approach to a challenge.
- Ability to assimilate complex medical knowledge and communicate to non-medical audiences.
- Capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines.
- Experience with product (drug) launches.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.