Director, Internal Communications
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Director, Internal CommunicationsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for leading a strategic effort to reinvent and modernize how internal communications occurs at Amgen at the enterprise level. Challenge existing processes and approaches to inform and engage Amgens 24K employee workforce. This will be achieved through developing and applying existing best practice approaches to internal communications while exploring the use of new technologies and ways of communicating with staff to implement change. This role will also support senior leadership meetings (VP Meetings/ED&O) and work with a cross-functional team of content developers to develop far reaching strategic content campaigns tied to business priorities.
- Develops and executes enterprise-wide internal communications plan designed to inform and engage workforce.
- Partners with Corporate Affairs senior leadership team to capture internal workforce trends across different parts of the organization and bring insights back to center
- Employs data centric approach to pulse employee sentiment across the enterprise to measure the effectiveness of communications approaches and inform innovative approaches
- Operates in white space to shape and mature plans and processes
- Works to diversify internal enterprise communications tool kit and roll out to organization
- Brings in external research and perspective on internal communications in an evolving workplace.
- Collaborates with Corporate Affairs colleagues with segmented internal communications responsibilities across business functions and regions on process and enterprise-wide roll outs
- Plays a key role in the execution of regular internal leadership meetings
- Comfortable working in concert with a team responsible for internal and external communications
- Partners with functions and communicators across Amgen on enterprise-wide roll outs, partners with IS to ensure Amgen is employing best practice communications technologies, and partners with HR to roll out enterprise-wide communications
- Works with content team on editorial content production and storytelling for internal and external channels
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated professional we seek is a communications leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Communications or related field experienceOr
Masters degree and 8 years of Communications or related field experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 10 years of Communications or related field experienceAnd
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Requirements
MS degree in Communications or related field
15+ experience working in an internal communications or related role at a large pharmaceutical companyCompetencies
- Experience working with IT/IS to roll out new communications technologies
- Experience developing campaign specific communications plans
- Experience working with senior leaders / C-suite
- Demonstrated strategic writing and editing experience for communications reaching thousands of employees. Experience delivering packaged set of materials (slides, memo, talking points, articles, leadership scripts, video content) for dissemination to company-wide audiences
- Experience building and executing new processes
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.