Senior Clinical Scientist, Development
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
***Flexible work arrangements for those who are unable to relocate***
The Impact You’ll Make
- Organize cross-functional collaboration with Translational Medicine to transition research stage assets to clinical development
- Contribute in the design and successful execution of clinical studies of promising therapeutics across the Recursion drug portfolio
- Partner with Clinical Operations and other members of the clinical development team to ensure the smooth transition of candidate therapeutics from each stage of development
- Contribute to the review, analysis, interpretation and presentation of accurate study results
- Bring scientific and medical expertise to strategic and scientific decisions around all development programs.
The Team You’ll Join
As the Senior Clinical Scientist, you will report to the VP of Clinical Development and will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical development activities.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 15+ years of clinical development experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry including experience with IND-enabling studies, FIH and Phase 2 Proof of Concept (POC) trials
- PhD or PharmD required
- Expertise in areas of disease biology and clinical medicine (i.e.: oncology, rare disease and genetics)
- Experienced in the design and writing of clinical protocols, Investigator's Brochures, CSRs, safety reports and all required regulatory documents
- Experience leading study teams to achieve important milestones and results
- Expertise in organizing and solving problems with an ability to manage and communicate data from multiple sources
- Experienced in communicating, collaborating, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deep experience in analysis and interpretation of clinical data (safety and efficacy) and a working knowledge of biostatistics, GCPs, and regulatory requirements for clinical studies
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.