People Business Partner
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Contribute to the work we are doing building upon a great foundation to architect People Ops 2.0 for Recursion’s next stage of growth.
- Partner with our People team and business leaders as we enhance and deliver Recursion’s employee experience.
- Create ways in which we can support Recursionauts in the day-to-day tactics that allow them to do their best work.
- Communicate with Recursionauts to understand their needs and be their resource in delivering solutions.
The Team You’ll Join
Not only do we want to improve the lives of our patients, we want to improve the lives of our employees. We exist to accelerate Recursion to achieve the Mission through people, teams and culture. At Recursion, we are cultivating a place where people feel inclusion and belonging.
A primary goal of the People team is to support our employees’ growth and their careers. As a member of our People Business Partner team, you’ll coach and support our employees and leaders as they strive to meet objectives in a dynamic environment. You’ll help us in creating an environment where people can do the best work of their lives. You will report to our Senior Director of People Operations and work closely with two experienced People Generalists and a People Operations Associate.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, preferably in a biotech, life sciences or technology environment.
- 4+ years as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, related field, or related experience.
- Experience working with and coaching front line and mid-level stakeholders.
- Experience understanding strategic organizational issues and supporting leaders in navigating and leading change.
- Experience with succession planning, compensation and rewards, employee engagement, and talent management.
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action.
- Consulting, coaching, and facilitation experience.
- Have empathy and an ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees and leaders within the organization.
- Understand the importance of diversity and not only bring a strong sense of conviction, but ideas on how to continue leaning into Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Deep knowledge of employee relations, issue resolution, employment law and risk management.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.