Research Associate, In Vitro Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Influence - Help execute and optimize NGS and Genotyping processes.
- Deliver - Perform in vitro biology assays that generate the data that helps us understand our molecules.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to deliver high-quality in vitro results with speed and focus to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the In Vitro Pharmacology team at Recursion, a department of over 25 scientists and associates focused on developing assays and delivering in vitro data that informs on the efficacy and liabilities of our assets. With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, you will have two main roles: (1) run the assays that help us triage our assets and (2) build the scalable processes and workflows that help us scale up our sample throughput. Together, we generate the data, systems, tools, and methods that accelerate the discovery of treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
The Experience You’ll Need
- B.S. in the Life Sciences
- 2+ years of applicable experience in an industry setting, running Sanger Sequencing or Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assays
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as ApE, FinchTV, Graphpad Prism, or Spotfire
- Experience operating high performance liquid handling equipment
- Able to work as part of a team to produce repeatable quality results
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.