Human Resources Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting, maintaining and monitoring human resources functions including, recruitment, on-boarding/offboarding, benefits, compliance, and other Human Resources projects and programs. Continuously implements “best practices” human resource systems, processes, and practices. Supports culture and organizational development efforts. Assignments involve work of a confidential nature, necessitating considerable discretion, judgment, tact and professionalism.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions.
- Administers new employee on-boarding practices and manages new hire orientation.
- Manages HRIS data, including position management, employee directory and employee data changes.
- Supports benefits by assisting with annual enrollment, benefits administration and communication.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all federal and state regulations and laws which apply to the functions of this position.
- Plans and executes employee social events.
- Handles all aspects of the offboarding process.
- Seeks feedback from employees regarding the effectiveness of all human resources tools, practices, processes, and continuously improves the service to the organization.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Computer literate including word processing (MS Office-based Application), email (Outlook), spreadsheets (Excel), databases (Access), and presentation (PowerPoint) or equivalents.
- Familiar with HRIS systems.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Superior verbal, written and overall communication skills.
- Service- orientation.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying priorities and function in a fast-paced l environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Requirements
Education & Experience
- Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Two years experience as a Human Resources Coordinator or equivalent as an administrator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.