Associate Director, Process Improvement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (PPS) Business Process Office (BPO) sits within the Business Solutions sphere in PPS. Business Solutions is comprised of experts in project and program management, process excellence, communications and change management and strategic operations. Business Solutions supports PPS colleagues in implementing key business strategies and initiatives. The Business Process Office is comprised of business process owners (PO’s) accountable for the governance and oversight, health and performance of PPS’ key end-to-end processes. The PO partners closely with the Business Owner (BO) to ensure alignment of people, process and technology.
- Establishes process strategy, objectives and long-range roadmap with input from key stakeholders (including business and IT); identifies, facilitates/implements process changes
- Monitors and reports process performance against KPIs and process health vs. plans. Designs / oversees Performance Measurement/Management Plan.
- Gains in-depth understanding of a process, how the SMEs work in the process, process strengths and weaknesses, individual frustrations, etc. Is an expert in the process itself (vs. the subject matter expert) and will be called as a process expert during inspections.
- Engages stakeholders across the process including, process workers (SMEs), business leads, functional leadership and IT to ensure alignment on process and resource priorities; validates the merit and applicability of initiatives across functions
- Forms strong partnership with business leads and aligns with them on key process and systems decisions, including the prioritization of initiatives
- Synchronizes process and system improvement plans with other process owners; prioritizes work across processes
- Primary point of contact for process and system related decisions; represents end-to-end process(es) in key meetings and with external stakeholders
- Actively gathers external benchmarking and best practices as input to process decisions; maintains active knowledge and awareness of all associated regulations
- Maintains regular process health checks, as well as checks to review the impact of new implementations
- Responsible for all relevant policies, procedures and training plans related to the process
- Bachelor’s degree, masters preferred
- Must have 6 years process management experience
- Lean Six Sigma/LEAN certification desired
- Strong relationship management skills, Emotional Intelligence and communication skills required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.