Salesforce Delivery Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Organization is looking for a Salesforce.com Solutions Engineering Lead to be part of the Architecture and Strategic Initiatives team in the digital transformation journey to lead the Development, Quality Assurance, Release and Operations of Patient Relationship Management platform for best-in-class patient service programs across all US brands.
This position is responsible to define the release plan in collaboration with product owner, program manager, business analysts & platform engineering team, lead the development team to deliver the features as per the release plan and lead the operations team to administrate & manage the production support & enhancements of the platform. This position is responsible to follow AbbVie SLC process to ensure compliance to deliver quality and validated systems. This position is responsible to demonstrate continuous improvement in the delivery of SFDC solutions. This person will stay on top of technology trends, agile project management and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities.
- Responsible for leading development, testing, release, and operations of applications built on Salesforce.com platform.
- Manage large technical team (onsite & offshore) of tech leads, project managers, DevOps engineer, developers, QA engineers, administrators and provide them necessary support to ensure final deliverables meet business objectives.
- Manage and oversee day to day activities of release team and ensure adherence to AbbVie standards in project execution methodology, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Responsible to work with stakeholders and develop delivery plan with dependencies and execute the plan for releases; monitor risks during release cycle & devise mitigation plan for risks, make sure dependent deliveries from other teams are aligned to meet the release timeline; effectively escalate issues, report release status, risks, and mitigation plans to program team.
- Responsible to meet with development teams regularly to ensure team has needed access, tools, and processes to complete their work, remove any impediments, get their feedback on areas of improvement and work with management to implement improvements.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Software development lifecycle Policies and procedures.
- Responsible to make sure engineering team follows the current delivery process and seek feedback from team to improve/optimize delivery process for sustainable, scalable, and repeatable delivery.
- Measure the quality of solution delivery & production operations; track and report the project spend; Capacity planning and resource optimization.
- Manage application operations, monitor operational metrics, SLAs, help prioritize issue fixes, review, and publish operational metrics.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Maintains hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software development and QA processes.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify possible crises and devise contingency plans.
- Oversee and provide estimates for all resources required to achieve project goals and manage assigned budget throughout execution of project.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of work experience in technical project execution on large enterprise projects, with experience in business requirements analysis, project management, solution delivery and operations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing and delivering solutions built on Salesforce platform.
- Experience in implementing Salesforce.com solution with one of the following modules - Service Cloud, Health Cloud and Force.com is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and application delivery
- Salesforce.com administrator/developer/consultant certification is preferred
- PMP/CSM certification is preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle methodologies and experience with Agile delivery
- Strong leadership, project management skills, budgeting, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and can effectively communicate with architects, leads and business.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.