Data Scientist II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Operations Business Insights (OBI) group is continuously innovating to transform AbbVie operations organization to enable the use of data and analytics to drive world-class innovation, performance, and agility.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with analytics experience for a diverse operations business which includes Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and Science & Technology.
The Data Scientist will develop predictive models using statistical and machine-learning methodologies using complex modeling techniques and communicate insights.
- Consult with business users in the analysis of requirements and recommends solutions which anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements.
- Design and develop processes and systems to consolidate and analyze data. Considerations include variety (structured, unstructured), volume (includes big data), data quality (cleaning and validation of the data) and velocity (batch, stream).
- Develop advanced data analytical models and techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Generate reports with findings and communicate these effectively via written, oral and visual Dashboard methods.
- Mentor and coach related team members
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, with expertise in modeling and business analytics
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as R, Python etc.
- Experience with enhancing the data collection process by consolidating data, standardizing, optimization and perform exploratory data analysis before used on ML model.
- Experience working with modern relational databases and/or distributed computing platforms Big Data, and their query interfaces, such as SQL, Spark, PySpark and Hive.
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis as dashboard in tools such as Qlik and Custom web based solutions.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Apache Spark, NumPy, TensorFlow etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s with 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- Atleast 2 years of demonstrated experience in the relevant areas.
- Knowledge of Agile Project management processes
- Self-starter and should be able to align adapt and manage changing requirements.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experiences in Personalization, Search, Deep Learning, Operations Research
- Working experience of OS Linux/Unix
- Data mining, text mining etc.
- Working knowledge of Data Science tools like Dataiku, AWS SageMaker etc.
- Experience with Manufacturing applications like Applied SmartFactory for predictive advanced real-time factory automation process.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.