Associate Director, Brand Technology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Brand Technology is the technology and business partner and lead for multiple integrated brand teams or multiple franchises within AbbVie’s U.S Commercial organization. This role works with senior level business leaders across Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing Analytics, and HEOR to drive for results for a common set of goals and strategies for a particular set of products.
The Associate Director, Brand Technology Lead leads a team of Brand Technology Leads, Project Managers, and BSAs to identify and frame the strategic and tactical needs of the businesses that he/she supports. This role is responsible to proactively understand Brand strategies, educate Brand teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities. This role is in the Business Technology Solutions organization.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the assigned Franchise.
- Lead team to identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long term objectives.
- Ensure that teams understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommend appropriate application for the assigned Brand.
- Guide direct staff in the creation of Brand specific data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of the Brand. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies.
- Propose, initiate, and lead programs that transform a Brands processes or technology capabilities.
- Anticipate program challenges including both technical, organizational, business process, regulatory, and others.
- Direct a team to manage multiple project portfolios; leveraging experience to anticipate risk and drive continuous improvement on communication and execution.
- Ensure that project estimates and timelines are complete, comprehensive, and risk tolerant.
- Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand.
- Supervise multiple teams both directly and in a matrix environment.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations.
- Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Provides management oversight, coaching, and mentoring for a team of 6 resources.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
- 9+ years of work experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning. 2+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, leadership, and ability to influence executives.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other managers.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Negotiation with IT suppliers and Marketing Agencies.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
- Financial acumen.
- Experience with marketing and advertising technologies.
- Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.