Associate Director, Global Marketing - Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Reporting to the Director of Venclexta/Venclyxto AML, Global Marketing, this position supports the development and execution of the marketing strategies and tactics at the Global, Areas, and Country-Affiliate level. Collaborates and engages with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): market access, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, supply operations, health economics, clinical development, R&D, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and sales training.
Conceptualizes and implements Global Brand Insights and Strategy. Handles marketing team budget. Supports global brand team meetings. Leads/develops strategic business plans. Applies market dynamics contributing to the development of the product indication forecast, annual plan and LRP. Provides input for business development/alliance projects. Learn more about what it takes in this role below!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads cross functional team and global affiliates to generate effective brand strategies and plans that deliver business results. Identifies, analyzes, and translates product, brand, customer, patient, and relevant information to frame and solve business problems and build effective marketing plans.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary research projects and understands the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
- Experience in the analysis of financial and market results to optimize business plans; ability to assist in the development of financial plans (Annual plans and LRP).
- Monitors and leads global marketing programs and activities within budgeted constraints while understanding the fundamental aspects of financial performance.
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that provide impact, are executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively leads projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- All these responsibilities will strongly contribute to a successful worldwide Launch of Venclyxta/Venclyxto launch in AML (1line, ineligible patients).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- This position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, effectively gaining consensus for new approaches, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners.
- Great teammate who enjoys working independently and with minimal supervision!
- Proven expertise in interpersonal change management and culture change is strongly preferred.
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
- Outstanding social skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence skills.
- Strong attention to detail - ensures accuracy of communications.
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Achieve results through people (matrix organization).
- Achieve the respect of peers and management for their level of knowledge, insights, contribution, engagements and delivered results.
- Ability to engage with and motivate Area and Affiliate Brand Team leaders.
- Willingness to travel at least 30%
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field. MBA desired.
- Advanced experience in Sales, Medical Affairs and Marketing is desired.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience and proven track record in Onco-hematology. 3-5 years of oncology experience is desired.
- Multiple experiences within commercial pharmaceutical roles (Brand, MHC, Sales, BD, NPD)
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions. Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate financial planning and analysis skills.
- Experience in product launches on a Global level.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.