R&D Warehouse Technician III/II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The R&D Warehouse Technician II is responsible for executing activities communicated by the API Pilot Plant Warehouse Supervisor in a timely manner while maintaining the highest levels of compliance and quality. These activities include but are not limited to, receiving, moving, transferring, shipping and destroying materials which include raw materials, intermediates or API (potent and non-potent). The R&D Warehouse Technician II will also serve as the a back up to the Warehouse Supervisor. The R&D Warehouse Technician II will work with the API Coordinators, Program Managers, Shift Supervisors, API Team Leaders, Process Chemists/Engineers, Quality Assurance, third party manufacturers and other AbbVie groups to accomplish all objectives and responsibilities.
- Works with the API Coordinators, Program Managers , Development and Purchasing to ensure raw material, intermediate, etc. delivers for upcoming API campaigns.
- Orders and receives materials physically and into the inventory tracking system.
- Pick/Pack/Ship materials and clinical supplies to other AbbVie and third party warehouses.
- Sample/Dispense raw materials and/or APIs including potent drugs. Utilize handheld testing technologies to complete identity testing.
- Process material destruction requests.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Resolves issues related to the receipt and shipment of clinical supplies.
- Maintains a safe working environment in the warehouse area. Completes all required EHS and hazardous material handling training.
- Ensures that all warehouse inventories are accurately reflected in the inventory management system by periodically performing cycle counts and resolving discrepancies.
- Serves as a back-up warehouse representative during all internal and external audits. QA, FDA, FTZ, EPA, OSHA and customers are typical internal and external auditors that may come into the warehouse on an annual basis.
- High school diploma required; Associates degree or equivalent breath of experience preferred.
- 1 to 3 years API warehousing or clinical manufacturing experience.
- 3 to 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in an API clinical manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of the investigational material supply chain and the drug distribution process and an appreciation of worldwide regulatory and quality requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and team competencies.
- Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and SAP.
*Grade 6 or 7: Grade level commensurate with experience, education and qualifications.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.