MSC is currently searching for anUI/UX Designer to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and is based in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and conduct user research based on steps and methods in the design thinking process.
- Convert research findings, user needs and feedback, and business requirements into actionable tasks in collaboration with extended team members and stakeholders.
- Iteratively prototype and build clean and intuitive user interfaces from low-fidelity wireframes through high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Support development of design system and style guides with team collaboration.
- Working with Web designers, content providers, and other stakeholders to implement modern interfaces using the latest design principles and technologies. You will support the design efforts to ensure responsive performance, 508 compliance, usability, and reliability.
- Maintain user-interface and design patterns based on live style guides to support UX consistency across all products and throughout the system lifecycle.
- Organize and maintain files and create technical documentation for easy handoff to developers and other team members.
- Ensure implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices.
- Optimize front-end CSS performance and stay on top of latest techniques.
- Build and test multi-tiered Web Apps and UI Framework Components.
- Apply responsive web design techniques to mitigate cross-browser and cross-device inconsistencies and resolve critical production issues.
- Use Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, etc.) to track user activity and provide responsive tailoring to improve user experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Design (HCD), Graphic Design, Communication, or related discipline
- Two+ years of professional UI/UX design / development experience in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of design concepts and best practices including but not limited to HHS Web Design and Usability Guidelines, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) web standards, HCI, usability, user research techniques, data collection, interface design, web design, prototyping, design systems development, and Section 508 compliance
- Proficient with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Skilled in working with HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to articulate design requirements to be used by the development team
- Experienced in applying responsive web design techniques to mitigate cross-browser and cross-device inconsistencies
- Experience working with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Crazy Egg, etc.) and accessibility tools (Accenture, WAVE JAWS, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects / priorities and timelines with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience supporting the NIH is a plus.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.