MSC is currently searching for a Web Developer to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and is based in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and maintain web pages for public facing Websites, blogs, and social media presence.
- Interview clients to help them clarify their goals, requirements, and preferences for establishing / updating websites; facilitate needs analysis by designing mock-ups, wireframes, site maps, schema, card-sorting, etc. as required.
- Support overall site concept, architecture, design, usability, page layout, and user experience.
- Design high-quality, engaging digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps, and other graphics using knowledge of web-based technologies and graphics software tools to enhance appearance of site and electronic publication.
- Assist with maintaining (fixing/upgrading), optimizing, and securing existing web applications.
- Working with UI/UX designers, content providers, and stakeholders to implement modern interfaces using the latest design principles and technologies to ensure responsive performance, 508 compliance, usability, and reliability.
- Ensure web pages meet government requirements, recommendations, security guidelines and best practices as appropriate (e.g, Section 508 accessibility, HHS Web Design and Usability Guidelines).
- Create custom solutions such as workflows and web parts which can be incorporated into multiple collaboration sites.
- Make existing SharePoint components work seamlessly with applications such as Microsoft Office Applications, MS Outlook, and MS SQL.
- Develop SharePoint reports from multiple "top level" sites, SQL reporting services and/or Excel Services.
- Work within content management tool frameworks to design templates and structure as required.
- Use Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, etc.) to track user activity and provide responsive tailoring to improve user experience.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for stakeholders.
- Coordinate/document all aspects of the project; develop/manage client request/review process; track all requests/changes; and adhere to a project timeline.
- Train end users to maintain their own content on a collaboration site to include training end users for simple solutions such as collaboration features (check-in/out, version control), granting/modifying permissions, modifying pages, managing web parts, creating and utilizing list templates, and creating and managing lists
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Graphic Design or related discipline
- Two+ years of responsive web design and development experience participating in the full software development life cycle from requirements gathering and functional specification to development, testing, delivery, and maintenance in an agile environment
- Proficient in working within Microsoft SharePoint and other content management tools
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working across multiple browsers, editors, and graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Design Studio, PhotoShop, Illustrator; Sketch; Invision); experience with animation software and image optimization preferred
- Experienced in applying responsive web design techniques to mitigate cross-browser and cross-device inconsistencies
- Solid understanding of design concepts and best practices including but not limited to: HHS Web Design and Usability Guidelines, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) web standards, HCI, usability, user research techniques, data collection, interface design, web design, prototyping, design systems development, and Section 508 compliance
- Experience working with link checkers, such as Siteimprove; Section 508 compliance scanners, such as Accenture, CommonLook, WAVE, and JAWS; and vulnerability scanners such as NetSparker
- Skilled in working with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Crazy Egg, and other web analytics tools
- Superior communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management and technical personnel
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects / priorities and timelines with minimal supervision
- Previous experience supporting the NIH is a plus.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.