Associate Director, US Marketing-ADC
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, US Marketing, ADC will be responsible for leading and executing medical education strategy while overseeing overall peer to peer strategy & integrated plan (including promotional programs, non-personal promotion, congresses, 3rd party sponsorships, GPOs, etc) for assigned product. Responsible for speaker bureau management including identification, training, and contracting. Responsible for execution of national & regional congress/convention strategy including booth design and implementation & P2P congress activities. This position will interact with all functions including Market Research, Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Market Planning, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Sales and Sales Training. The position maintains open and ongoing communication with various departments, most specifically field sales, to monitor the success of product messaging, programs and promotional effort. The Associate Director is also responsible for a broad array of brand functions including non-personal promotion, P&L management, budgeting, agency management, quarterly business reviews brand plan.
- Lead and execute medical education strategy while overseeing overall peer to peer strategy & integrated plan
(including promotional programs, non-personal promotion, congresses, 3rd party sponsorships, GPOs, etc)
- Responsible for speaker bureau management including identification, training, day to day activities working with key cross functional teams throughout organization.
- Responsible for execution of national & regional congress/convention strategy including booth design and implementation & Peer to peer congress activities.
- Ensure projects are executed in a timely manner and delivered with the appropriate level of detail. Work extensively with, and understand the importance of, key internal & external constituents - Market Research, Medical Affairs, Analytics, Sales, Finance, legal, compliance etc. Present to various internal management committees and groups.
- Manage multiple agency relationships. Ensure full and timely communication with all external agency partners. Manage agency budgets in a timely manner.
- Assist in the management of the overall Brand Budget and expenses providing insight and opinions into budgeting efforts. Prepare budget update spreadsheets and manage spend monthly, quarterly.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required
MBA preferred or
Advanced degree preferred
- 7 or More Years of progressive sales and/or marketing experience and leadership or comparable education/work experience required
- Oncology experience = preferred
- 1 or More Years of Pharmaceutical sales and/or sales management experience preferred
- 1 or More Years of Pharmaceutical Marketing, including product launch experience preferred
- Proven track record in developing strategic initiatives with cross-functional disciplines preferred
Ability to travel up to 30% Business Travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Director, US Marketing-ADC