MBA Intern - Operations & Strategy Leadership Program (Summer 2022)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
MBA Intern Operations and Strategy Leadership Program (Summer 2022)
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Operations is one of three foundational functions at Amgen with a mission to manufacture and deliver safe and effective medicine to patients around the world. The organization is spread across eight sites and divided into five functions: Global Supply Chain, Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, hardworking individuals who will lead initiatives, strategic analysis, and business case development on projects across the five Operations functions. Along with meaningful interaction with key business partners across functional groups, this position will focus on making effective, data driven recommendations to the organizations senior leadership.
With the support of their hiring manager, the intern will develop a strategy that may result in a meaningful change to the business. Using their analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills, the intern will work cross-functionally to clarify the problem, measure the current state, develop recommendations through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and present their findings with a final readout to executive management.
This internship will be approximately 10-13 weeks and includes both project- based and experiential learning. Amgen promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. In conjunction with the project work, interns will have the opportunity for professional development through training sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and various networking events. Interns will also be able to interact with peers at Amgen-sponsored social events. Interns are highly encouraged to network with staff across the organization.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- In the process of completing the first year of a Master in Business Administration, or Masters program with emphasis in Business, Management, Operations, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Life Science, or Business
- Good business insight, high-level critical thinking, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills; team player; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct research; ability to lead multiple projects consecutively
- Proven ability to bring structure to complex problems, pragmatic scoping and problem-solving approach, ability to objectively evaluate options/trade-offs, and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Previous industry or project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory policies
- Ability to adapt and integrate into teams quickly in a remote working environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internshipthat defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.com. Please search for Keyword 118519
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.