MBA Intern (Marketing) - Commercial Leadership Program (Summer 2022)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
MBA Intern (Marketing) Commercial Leadership Program (Summer 2022)
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking hardworking individuals to join the Global Commercial Operations (Sales & Marketing) organization as a summer graduate intern. This outstanding internship provides an understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future. This internship will be approximately 10-13 weeks that includes both project-based and experiential learning. Amgen promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. Interns are encouraged to spend the summer participating in activities and networking with staff across the organization.
The intern will work with us as a team member on one of our in-line or pipeline product brand teams, focused on an assignment that addresses a current business priority. The project will afford an opportunity to apply business acumen and experience to addressing a real-time business need. The individual will collaborate closely with their team to develop deep project expertise that they will then use toward both developing and delivering formal business recommendations to internal partners at the conclusion of the summer project.
Successful interns will be given priority consideration for our full-time Commercial Leadership Program or CLP. Amgens CLP is a career opportunity for individuals interested in continuing their professional development after receiving their MBA and in becoming a key contributor at Amgen. This rotational program provides members the unique opportunity to accelerate through three foundational sales & marketing experiences from which to launch their career. Positions offered through this rotation program vary across Amgens Global Commercial Operations (GCO) organization. Potential assignments include sales, marketing promotion, marketing research, strategy & planning, access & reimbursement, market development, global licensing, global marketing, and corporate accounts. The location of the sales rotation assignment will be determined based on individual preference and company needs at the time of hire, which requires that the candidate be geographically flexible for this assignment. Travel to locations such as doctors offices, clinics and hospitals is also required. After completing the program, staff will continue to grow and develop their career. If this opportunity interests you, and you're driven to have a deeper meaning behind the job, we are ready for you to join our team!
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Minimum three years of work experience, with at least 6 months U.S. based experience
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or health care industry experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: sales/marketing, international work, consulting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact well with all levels of management
- Meaningful leadership experience and skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team and matrix environment
- The ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers and/or stakeholders
- Proven analytical, quantitative, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Receptivity to coaching and feedback from management and peers
- Ability to deliver results within ambitious timelines and amidst contending priorities
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through an accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internshipthat defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.com. Please search for Keyword 118516
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.