Facilities Maintenance Manager
Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to join our growing South San Francisco team!
* Please note that we cannot sponsor Visas at this time.
The Facilities Manager is an expert in his/her field of expertise and is regarded as such within the wider Vaxart network. The Facilities Manager oversees several critical roles: Facilities Oversite, Oversite of Asset Management, Oversite of Automation, Oversite of Site Services and Security, Management of facility capital projects, team leadership, personnel development and general site technical leadership.
- Ensures effective communication between business stakeholders, scientific staff, Facilities Operations, maintenance, outside site services, securities, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR, and all departments regarding facilities operations issues.
- Manage contract vendors for Facilities Services group.
- Assists with overseeing and managing third-party service providers to ensure compliance and completion of required job tasks.
- Interacts with suppliers and consultants and/or vendors on facilities and property matters.
- Oversee and manage projects and initiatives to improve Facilities operations and service delivery.
- Assists with landlords and/or property management, to ensure correct building maintenance and compliance with the agreements.
- Complies with company policy for procurement of facilities services and goods.
- Assists with compliance for local, state, and federal regulations (Cal-EPA, Cal-OSHA, BAAQMD, County Health, local Fire).
- Develops metrics and KPIs for facility data including but not limited to work orders and security systems. Reports on metrics regularly.
- Ensures that a high quality of housekeeping is maintained.
- Oversee security and equipment monitoring and resolution.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years of facilities management experience in biotechnology facilities.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, electric, plumbing and security.
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism at all times especially under stressful situations.
- Must be able to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgment, leading to routine and specific recommendations.
- Experience managing projects (space planning, construction and remodeling of labs and offices, equipment installations, and system implementations).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- PowerPoint, MS Office, Visio/CAD desirable.
- Experience with GMP facility management and compliance is highly beneficial
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including but not limited to prolonged standing; ability to lift, move, and pull 25 pounds; kneeling; etc.
- Ability to mentally and physically react effectively, quickly, calmly, and rationally in case of an emergency.
- Ability to respond to off-hour facilities issues and emergencies.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401(k) with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.