Associate Information Security Engineer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Information Security team is looking for a candidate to join an exciting, high performing organization. The Associate Information Security Engineer, working within AbbVie’s enterprise-wide information security team, will be responsible for ensuring security has been implemented in new and existing technologies in the environment. The Information Security team is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven individual that is never satisfied with the status quo.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish collaborative working relations with the Information Technology functions to ensure that solutions align with security policies and best practices.
- Develop plans for security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing security standards for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices. Additionally, developing standards for Windows and Unix server infrastructure, messaging, end user computing devices, and software.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Manage and mature team tool set and tool-enabled processes to enable the smooth operation of Security Architecture services.
- Bachelos degree
- 2 years’ work experience in information security and/or related functions (such as IT Audit, Risk Management or Infrastructure). D
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to assess and communicate information security concepts and practices, with IT stakeholders.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Understanding of the following concepts, practices, and technologies: network security and perimeter security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, workstation, mobile device, and network design standards.
- Understanding the following concepts is a plus; identity management, federated identity services, incident management, access control, end-point protections, desktop security tools, anti-malware solutions, application vulnerability testing, public key infrastructure, Windows, and Unix/Linux.
Strong people skills, collaborative ability to work with IT stakeholders inside and outside of the organization, able to mentor team members with diverse background
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.