Technical Services Research Associate I
Mispro Biotech Services is seeking a Technical Services Research Associate I for its Farmingdale, NY location. The candidate will be support and perform technical tasks for in vivo research studies. This position will report to the Manager of Technical Services.
Major Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
The Technical Services Research Associate I will perform technical tasks for in vivo research studies or support services. Prepares, collects, and records research data and specimens in compliance with applicable regulations and SOPs. Responsible for monitoring research animals housed in animal facilities; maintains clinical records. Performs assigned technical duties and services in support of the Operations department. Maintains inventory of pharmaceutical, surgical, and animal-related supplies. Assists with ensuring departmental and regulatory compliance; Handle small to medium sized animals; Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks. Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities. Other duties as assigned and required.
- Independently perform preclinical in vivo research activities & studies small to medium sized animals, which may require surgery, necropsy, test article administration, and blood and tissue collection for analysis.
- Verify proper formulation of solutions for dosing.
- Perform data collection, entry and analysis; computer and mathematical applications.
- Labeling and organizing supplies needed for each study and ensuring they are available when needed at our outside in vivo facility.
- Understand and ensure compliance with IACUC protocols.
- Manage, organize, and maintain inventory of samples from studies, shipping manifests, chemicals, and storage areas
- In a matrix environment, collaborate with team members and coordinate assigned activities
- with other teams to ensure timely completion.
- Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry tasks and monitor daily health and welfare.
- Review study reports, provide feedback on accuracy of materials and report results to senior research staff.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
The qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties.
- Required 3 + years industry working in a vivarium
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2-year degree in basic science, animal science, or veterinary science is required
- AALAS-LAT (or international equivalent) certification is required
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- $25.00-$32.00 per hour
- Bonus Pay
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place