Lab Assistant, Process Development and Manufacturing [JC-1456, JC-1457, JC-1458, JC-1459, JC-1481]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
The employee provides support to the Process Development and Manufacturing Business Unit.
Works under immediate supervision to complete assigned tasks/projects. Receives specific and detailed instructions regarding required tasks and results expected following pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work is checked during progress and is reviewed for accuracy upon completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain equipment and instruments following established procedures
- Follow SOP and record and report deviations
- Maintain detailed lab records and perform electronic data entry using proprietary software
- Perform data recording and analysis
- Solve well-defined problems using pre-established methods and techniques
- Generate data for use in reports
- Document experimental work in physical and/or digital laboratory notebooks and batch records
- Inventory and restocking
Depending on the specific position, the candidate may also be required to:
- Perform various assays of protein characterization
- Support small to large scale cell culture media preparation work
- Perform various scale of protein production and purification
- Cell culture and harvest
- Perform execution of experiments with different types of incubators and purification columns
- A.S. or B.S.in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field or 3+ years of work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to follow protocols
- Strong ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing projects
- Due to the interactions, onsite presence is required
- Attendance and punctuality are essential
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.