Senior AWS/DevOps Engineer
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is searching for a Senior AWS/DevOps Engineer to join our team supporting our client at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform DevOps Automation/Build/Test
- Serve in a team lead capacity
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Maintain patch levels of software installations across multiple systems, Apache Server administration, and Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers.
- Leverage strong Cloud working experience and knowledge in Docker/Container and Migrating AWS applications
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- 5+ years of professional experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering;
- Hands-on experience with DevOps -- automation, build and testing
- Ability to serve OR former experience as a team lead
- Strong scripting skills in Python/Bash/Perl* (sh/ksh/csh/tcsh) and the ability to script on systems using VI/VIM or EMACS
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- AWS Cloud experience
- Apache Server administration
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Application Deployment - Java, standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Docker, Phusion Passenger, or Vagrant
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Systems Administrator who spent some time as a developer and understands current DevOps models and software development trends for publishing web applications
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.