Senior Software Project Manager
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is building the software to run population-scale clinical studies and future products using state of the art technologies and software engineering. We are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to be responsible for ensuring the successful deployment of projects under development by the clinical and software engineering teams. This will include process development, establishment and management of timelines, tracking completion of software life cycle deliverables, facilitation of interdepartmental communication, meeting management, creation of slide sets and other communication tools.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of process and system development. This person will have a proven creative ability to move technology projects forward while addressing and overcoming challenges. It is important that this person have the ability to work across functions and incorporate broad viewpoints into the deliverables.
• Document and deliver assigned projects on-time from inception through completion.
• Develop and maintain product development plans including key milestones and entry or exit criteria.
• Ensure you and the project team stay focused on critical tasks, tactfully pushing back on work outside of scope.
• Identify and manage project risks.
• Apply sound project management methodologies.
• Prepare and disseminate project status reports.
• Work cross-functionally to create shared solutions.
• Generate creative solutions to project processes and quality related challenges.
• Examine functional issues from a broader organizational perspective and provide solutions to issues and gaps.
• Participate in and/or drive departmental or interdepartmental projects.
• Schedule and conduct project meetings as required.
• Develop project metrics.
Your Background Should Include:
• 5+ years of experience managing large scale software projects.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or life science related field or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
• Experience across the software development life cycle using methodologies such as Agile, Scrum or similar.
• Use of git, scripting, project software and Google GSuite.
• Experience building/releasing web applications and/or microservices are a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically across the organization.
• Proficiency with office automation and project management tools.
• Proven interpersonal communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
• Ability to motivate a team to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• A sound work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time.
• Knowledge of FDA Regulations, in particular, 21 CFR Part 11 and the Software Development Guidance documents is a plus.
• Experience developing clinical systems or production systems in the life science space, e.g. electronic data capture system, eTMF, IXRS or CTMS is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .