Commercial Data & Analytics (cDNA) Forecasting Manager
In this vital role you will lead the forecasting process for Amgens inline and pipeline solid tumor oncology assets. This role will forecast for solid tumor pipeline assets and support inline and pipeline assets for the US and several key geographies outside the US. This position will report to the Solid Tumor Forecasting Senior Manager.
- Provide an objective and rigorous point of view to forecasting while collaborating with other business units including US & Global Reimbursement/Value/Access, Marketing, Center for Observational Research (CfOR) and Commercial Insights teams
- Contribute to forecast cycles including pipeline forecast portals and Long Range Plan (LRP) forecasts, as well as ad-hoc requests and analyses
- Develop global forecasts for early stage pipeline assets in preparation for initiation of late stage clinical trials, as well as developing pre-launch and launch forecasts afterwards
- Take active interest in understanding the competitive intelligence landscape and market research to integrate with high quality forecast models.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Finance and other cross-functional teams to develop and gain alignment on forecasting inputs and assumptions for patient flow models.
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions and triangulate assumptions with other data & forecasting model to pressure test and develop what if scenarios.
- Perform analyses and assessments in the area of product preference, estimating revenue potential, market size, penetration, and prepare forecasts and recommendation.
- Confidently present and defend forecast methodology, assumptions, and output at the executive level
Masters degree and 2 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of forecasting OR business analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience in oncology and US inline forecasting
- 3+ years of forecasting or business analytics experience in the biopharmaceutical or healthcare industries
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management skillsable to prioritize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in oncology
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, patient based forecast modeling including dynamic patient flow models
- Experience with common forecasting tools such as Forecast Pro
- Knowledgeable of forecasting inputs and structure, global access and reimbursement policies, competitive environment and potential impact on product development and commercialization strategy
- Understanding of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, Flatiron, EMR, Optum, Truven, McKesson, DRG and other large datasets that require custom analysis and evaluation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.