Director of IT
LOCATION: South San Francisco
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Finance & Corporate Controller
Day One was founded to address a critical unmet need: children with cancer are being left behind in a cancer drug development revolution. Our name was inspired by the “The Day One Talk” that physicians have with patients and their families about an initial cancer diagnosis and treatment plan. We aim to re-envision cancer drug development and redefine what’s possible for all people living with cancer—regardless of age—starting from Day One.
Day One is seeking an outstanding candidate to build and lead our Information Technology department. This will include the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions and objectives for the company. The Director of IT will manage a managed service provider that provides IT professionals and deliver IT solutions aligned with the overall company strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the enterprise-wide IT department aligned with overall company objectives and strategies.
• Build and implement the IT roadmap and strategic vision and objectives.
• Plan, implement, and manage all information assets and supporting infrastructure to ensure effective and efficient IT system solutions.
• Implement critical data security and system security approaches.
• Build and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Lead and facilitate IT related continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
• Select and implement optimal IT solutions to streamline internal operations.
• Build and lead a team of IT professionals covering both IT operations and strategy.
• Partner with functional heads across the business to identify strategic IT needs and platform approaches.
• Continue to build and scale the IT organization.
• Drive corporate and departmental objectives and goals to completion by leveraging strong collaborations across internal and external functions and all levels of management.
• Requires Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, business, or technology discipline with at least 10 years of relevant information technology experience and 10 years leading IT professionals and/or IT teams
• 7-10 years in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
• Experience with virtual network, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
• Experience with 21 CFR Part 11 and FDA guidelines on principles of software validation.
• Experience supporting FDA and other Health Authority inspections.
• Experience in leading high performing IT teams.
• Experience leading an IT function including both operational and strategic levels.
• Excellent people leader with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
• Track record of strong personal performance combined with demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing teams in a fast growth environment.
• Superior written, verbal communication, organizational and people skills
• Highly collaborative and a strong team player
• Demonstrated problem solver with advanced critical and strategic thinking skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced team environment.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.