Global SAP Technical Architect
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement solutions that solve significant business problems in SAP BTS. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
- Interacts with cross-functional and technical partners across AbbVie global IT to lead and define the SAP roadmap, strategy and solutions driven by business requirements.
- Actively participates and provides solution architectures spanning the AbbVie's most complex Business processes, system integration, and development methods for S4 HANA, SRM, GTS and eWM
- Develop holistic solutions that address integration architecture, data architecture, and system performance across SAP and multiple other 3rd party software integrations.
- Perform hands-on solution design, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks.
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, and System Integrators to architect efficient and scalable SAP solutions.
- Architect and build new B2B and B2C integration with AbbVie SAP system.
- Design and build a new solution for AbbVie complex Pricing and price approval process.
- Manage and Support all third-party bolt-on applications in SAP space.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to review solution designs and any new implementation or introduction of new SAP technologies to ensure compliance with AbbVie standards.
- Provides technical solutions in liaison with new S4 HANA capabilities and keeps current on technology trends both in the industry as a whole and in the SAP space, including researching and implementing new and/or alternate technologies that will supplement AbbVie business goals and provide competitive advantages.
- Improve the performance of Applications by leveraging SAP code pushdown approach and using SAP standard CDS view and AMDP procedures.
- Roll out the new SAP S4 user experience - FIORI applications to business and make then mobile enabled.
- Architect and build best practices for SAP OData based synchronous and API based integrations.
- Collaborating / Consulting with process and technical teams during design to give input on performance impact, participate in solution design reviews, participate in reviewing test results, collaborate with performance test execution team to ensure execution meets requirements and analyzing test results.
- Involve in Design technical solutions, coding, testing and documentation.
- Manages employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in SAP application development area with system integrations and demonstrates strong technical and business relationship skills to represent SAP BTS and drive technical discussions to build the best solutions to Business teams.
- Hands-on SAP application design experience, architectural design, technical expertise, and excellent communication skills.
- Deep understanding of SAP best practices, Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Implementation, upgrade, and support of the latest SAP systems versions (e.g., SAP ECC and S4/HANA 1809 and so on).
- In depth knowledge of SAP new tools and technologies – ADT (ABAP development Tool), SAP web IDE, ABAP programming on S4 HANA and SAP HCP (HANA cloud platform) and SAP HANA cloud solutions – SAP Cloud connectors, SAP Cloud Integration.
- In depth knowledge of SAP integration technologies – ALE / IDOCs with EDI integration, webservice reliable messaging, SOAP, OData services, building SAP Fiori applications using SAP Web IDE.
- Hands on experience on building new CDS views and AMDP procedures.
- Experience with SAP S4 cloud InApp and Side by Side extensions process.
- Experience with Integration hubs like TIBCO, PI /PO and EDI sub systems.
- Working experience with API management gateways like SAP gateway, Apigee and SAP cloud API management tools.
- Strong knowledge and work experience in B2B, B2C and A2A integration.
- Strong knowledge in OTC, PTP, SEC and RTR process areas.
- Good knowledge in WM/eWM, MFG, QM and GTS areas
- Good understanding of SAP ILM and ATTP solutions.
- Experience with external output management solution and other SAP bolt-on systems for price and tax calculations.
- Experience with managing third party vendor code.
- Experience with eInvoice requirements in LATAM and European region.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.