Supv, Product Surveillance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Product Surveillance Supervisor is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of a team of Product Surveillance Representatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, directing, and approving work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; interviewing, hiring, and training of employees and the performance appraisal process; and rewarding and disciplining employees.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other departments such as the Device Analysis Lab, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, Customer Care, Operations, and Marketing departments to ensure corporate goals and strategies are met. This includes other facilities such as Costa Rica, Marlow, UK, and Pringy, France.
- Set a good example for all employees in performance, attendance, dress, and professionalism.
- Ability to provide accurate and complete information in a prompt manner.
- Ability to initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Utilize matrix management within department as needed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Ability to learn various software programs.
- Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects.
- Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
- Ability to function in a cGMPs controlled environment regulated by the FDA and other competent authorities.
- Ability to handle restricted, confidential, private, or personal information in accordance with departmental policies, HIPAA, and related international standards.
- Ability to guide and delegate to subordinates. Ability to analyze training needs.
- Ability to administer employee discipline.
- Ability to travel to meetings and professional seminars. Ability to drive a car; possess a valid and current driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years related experience and/or training with at least two years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in customer service or claim handling in a medical environment desired.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.