Business Unit Manager, Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate, facilitate and lead the strategic development, tactical implementation and financial planning components of all Sales and Marketing related topics of the Brand Strategy and manage customer and other commercial activities including leading and coaching Sales Force to maximize brand sales and margin placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage and execute all marketing and sales-related brand activities as per Brand Plan, such as development and implementation of commercial Brand strategy and tactical Brand activities execution and deliver sales performance in order to maximize or exceed brand sales and margin within expense budgets.
- Optimize resource utilization by leading, developing, and coaching Sales Team performance including setting sales targets and incentive schemes, managing Sales Force Management Systems and Key Performance Indicators in order to continuously improve sales performance. Ensure regular updates on Sales Team skills in terms of medical, technical, and special in-field knowledge areas.
- Hold accountability for allocated Brand P&L in terms of brand sales and financial planning (Financial Plan, Focus/Update, Long Range Plan).
- Set future direction for existing and new products and business opportunities in order to seize maximum business results.
- Professionally manage and build cross-functional cooperation between key stakeholders, build effective multidisciplinary In-Field Teams. Ensure timely and qualitative market intelligence information flow to Brand Teams and brand strategy/tactical communication from Brand Teams to In-Field Teams in order to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Develop and coach talent and build succession plans in order to ensure continuous high performance and engaged talent pipeline in Sales and Marketing.
- Liaise with relevant Area and Global functions in order to integrate global and area strategy / tactics into the local brand planning strategy and execution and to facilitate the development and alignment of global and area brand vision and strategic objectives.
- Based on the size of the market, may be a member of the Affiliate Management Team
- Role model AbbVie WWW behavior and enable the Brand Team matrix to work in order to achieve high-quality strategy and execution capability in all allocated brands.
As Brand Team Leader (if applicable)
- Lead the Brand Team around a brand vision and objectives that are shared by all members.
- Ensure Brand Team Members contribute to the development of the Brand strategy through the Brand Planning process in line with strategy defined by Global Brand Team and ensure adequate involvement of multiple functions as relevant for the Brand.
- Continuously encourage Brand Team members’ collaboration and foster team spirit.
- Take accountability and responsibility for Brand Team activities and processes (organize / chair / facilitate Brand Team meetings)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant experience with a proven track record of success in a marketing and sales leadership position within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to develop business vision, translate into strategies and actionable, realistic execution actions plus knowledge of territory and relationships with key stakeholders already established.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management, and coaching of teams and individuals, and in having developed talent and performance managed low performers.
- Excellent working knowledge of healthcare environment and evolving landscape
- Excellent knowledge of strategic and tactical marketing and sales principles and techniques
- Operates and leads effectively in a matrix structure.
- Solid knowledge on finance principles and processes and English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries)
- Proven track record of success in marketing and sales within FMCG, Media or Digital/IT industry
- Proven track record of having achieved extraordinary business results related to innovation.
External: All stakeholders as defined in the affiliate NNLRP
Internal: Brand Team Leader, Sales Manager, Business Unit Director, Affiliate Management Team, Commercial Directors (Area), In-Field Team members
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.